Golf is one of those exclusive sports that can be played by adults and children alike. It is a sport that can help individuals in reaping some health benefits. As has been suggested by experts walking is the best exercise for maintaining one’s health. But experts are also of the view that golf is a combination of this exercise. Professionals are of the view that people who play golf on a regular basis are the fittest and the healthiest individuals. Golf is one of the best cardio workouts, and there are great health benefits that can be reaped from this sport. The benefits are as follows:
- Golfing helps in improving the efficiency of the lungs and the heart and in increasing the circulation of blood to different parts of the body.
- The human body burns a lot of fat when playing golf and this increases the metabolism of the player.
- Playing golf on a regular basis also helps in reducing the risk of stroke, diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
- People who play golf on a regular basis can have a sound sleep every night.
- Golf strengthens the muscles of the lower body and the core.
- Golfing also helps in strengthening the bones and in maximizing bone density
- It reduces stiffness in the joints and the muscles
- Golf also helps in improving posture and flexibility
- It improves the mental concentration and capacity of the player.
Playing golf elevates mood, reduces the risk of depression and also boosts the self-confidence of the player.